This course introduces the concepts, practices, technologies and systems of business intelligence and analytics, which supports data driven insights generation and decision making. The complete process of BI and analytics is covered, from data gathering, modeling, analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Explain major capabilities and components of a general business intelligence process and system.
- Design and implement data models for data storage and analysis.
- Describe and implement data ETL approaches.
- Conduct data query and analysis.
- Design data presentation and visual reporting solutions.
- Survey the full spectrum of business intelligence technologies and systems.
- Have hands-on experience with Microsoft BI solutions including SQL Server, Excel, and Power BI.
- Take a project based learning approach. All course work will be driven by a development project using real-world data set and analytical needs.