This course introduces the concepts, practices, technologies and systems of business intelligence and analytics, which supports data driven insights generation and decision making. The complete process of BI is covered using modern BI tools, from data gathering, modeling, analysis, reporting, and visualization.
The course is part of our new certificate on data management and analytics.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Discuss major components of a general business intelligence process and system.
- Compare traditional and modern BI concepts and solutions.
- Build a complete business intelligence application, including data model, data preparation, data analysis, and data presentation.
- Conduct research in business intelligence and analytics trends and their applications in organizations.
- Have hands-on experience with Microsoft BI solutions of Excel and Power BI.
- Allow students to explore their own interests and learn from the unique experience though research.