This course introduces data visualization theories, techniques, and tools particularly for developing applications and solutions to present and analyze business data. Students will design, develop, and evaluate effective visualizations and dashboards, using various development tools.
The course is part of our new certificate on data management and analytics.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Discuss concepts and principles of data visualization particularly related to decision making.
- Investigate technologies and practices for visualizing data as part of a data management and analytics system.
- Apply user interface design principles and practices to develop interactive data visualizations.
- Design effective dashboard for decision making at various levels.
- Conduct research on relevant data visualization topics.
- Hands-on training on Google Data Studio.
- Allow students to explore their own interests and learn from the unique experience though customized research.